Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

DC Releases More 'Flashpoint' Character Designs


The Source’s Flashpoint Friday brings us some interesting new images from the mind of Andy Kubert. First up is Aquaman, whose slight alterations in his costume color and hair are enough to understand that the character has gone through some “darker” changes in the world of Flashpoint.

But there’s more to it than that. Kubert says the following about his Aquaman design:

“For Flashpoint, he’s military, tough and rugged with a scar on his face. You can see a lot of Sgt. Rock in his look…but that’s probably in my genes! I gave him the buzzcut to help with his background and decided to keep the trident like the original one…why mess with a good thing?”



As for Wonder Woman, I don’t think I’ve seen an angrier looking take on this character. I’m not sure I’m sold on the little red boots over the armor, but overall I like this warrior version of the Amazon. Kubert shares that there is a backstory to her helmet—which actually looks somewhat aquatic, wouldn’t you say?

Flashpoint is only a month away! The book is scheduled for release on May 11th.

No comments: