Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear DC, Please Stop Asking Me to Use My Memory

Is DC worried about stealing from Marvel by adding a recap page to their comic books?  They can easily justify a little five-fingered discount.  After all, aren't Hawkeye and Mockingbird the House of Ideas' carbon copies of Green Arrow and Black Canary?  I'm tired of trying to remember all the details of a story arc by the fifth issue.  Clearly, if Supergirl is beating down Bizarro Supergirl at the open of a story I can pick up pretty quickly.  But issue #603 Wonder Woman begins with Diana and a troupe of Amazons walking through the desert and I couldn't immediately recall where last we left our buxom warrior.  Did their car break down on their way to Vegas?

Let's face it, sometimes these books can have some convoluted plots and it wouldn't hurt to be reminded of where we are three or four months in.  And don't get me started about books that come out months late.  So come on DC, Marvel is just using a little common sense, they didn't reinvent the wheel.  Get on board!

Editor's Note: I totally love Hawkeye and Mockingbird.

No comments: