Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who Is The New Spider-Man?


Hey there Spider-Fans....

Today around the comic rack, I heard people discussing who they thought the new Spider-Man was...or who they hoped the new Spider-Man was.

Everything I heard was a nightmare.

I heard things like (not kidding)...Mary Jane, Spider-Man 2099, Peter Parker's clone.

When I shared my thoughts, I said, it will probably be a brand new character. One no one has seen before.

I was then stared at like I had no business speaking.

An older gent said, "For the book to work, it will have to be someone the fans cared about."

I think these fans were missing the point of what Bendis and co. want to do with this new Spider-Man and what Peter Parker's death means to this new hero.

However, what do you think?

Should the character be a familiar face? Or a fresh face?

2 comments:

Don Ventura said...

Oh Jesus. I can't stand when comic book guys act like that. I think it will be someone totally different.

I would have said "Look dude. I host a comics podcast that is listened to from Los Angeles to Nigeria... I think I know what I'm talking about." And I would have said it in your excellent android voice.

Jerry Ahern said...

zzzOverzzz