Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Does Aquaman Have a Silly Curse?

Aquaman: "Are you @#$%&* me? Again?!?"

I've got to hand it to you Aquaman, you are one unlucky S.O.B.

I'm not reading Brightest Day, and I try not to say negative things about something that I've never read. So bear with me, this is not me being negative. I'm just wondering why they would go there again. Where is there? Cutting off Aquaman's hand for a second time.

Aquaman, like Professor Charles Xavier, appears to suffer from reoccurring disability syndrome. I'm not judging the writing, only the decision to do this. To be honest, I never liked the hook or the water hand, and was glad he had regained his ability to play cat's cradle. I think Aquaman has enough limitations with his powers that the writers did not have to go down this road so soon.

I'm kind of hoping that the next time the King of the Sea is with his old pals Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman, they give him some good-natured ribbing for being down five fingers again. For his next birthday they should get him gifts like a new pair of gloves or a complete set of Blackest Night rings.

That said, Ivan Reis should draw an Aquaman book because that Brightest Day #20 variant is one of the best of the series! Hands down!

Too soon?

3 comments:

Jerry Ahern said...

DC sure is handy when it comes to Aquaman stories....lets give them a hand....it was nice of Geoff Johns to stop his Green Lantern and Flash run and hand out something special for Aquaman whose book is being retitled to Lefty The MerMan.

High Five.

Yes these are lame...but I just woke up.

Don Ventura said...

Some good ones appear to be within your grasp!

Jerry Ahern said...

The whole thing seems off hand.