Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Cobie Smulders is Maria Hill

This just in Cape Town Commuters...

Per Variety the 'How I Met Your Mother' star will be playing S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Maria Hill in 'The Avengers'.

Not sure how I feel about this one...but I am sure when all is said and done everything will come together nicely.

The Avengers is being directed by Joss Whedon and is scheduled for release in the summer of 2012.


PS: Smulders was also one of Whedon's top choices for Wonder Woman. Maybe he feels he owes her one.



2 comments:

Don Ventura said...

I like her! I'll bet Joss Whedon does something interesting with the role -- I think she's going to make a great sidekick for Yosemite Samuel L. Jackson!

Jerry Ahern said...

I bet she ends up kicking more @$$ than the male heroes. Whedon likes that kind of stuff.