Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Move Over Robert Downey Jr., Josh Holloway (Sorta) Stars as Tony Stark


I've been catching up on The Invincible Iron Man the past few months in back issues and have been enjoying Matt Fraction's run quite a bit.  I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was surprised by the amount of focus on Tony Stark as opposed to him flying into action repeatedly as Iron Man.  But something else struck me about the book.  Tony Stark's uncanny resemblance to Josh Holloway of Lost.

Being terrible at faces, I could not place it at first, but I've assembled some pictures from recent issues and set them against a photo of Holloway (above). While I couldn't find anything from Iron Man Artist Salvador Larroca commenting on the use of Holloway as a model for the title character, I did find some blog articles and reviews about it (click here for an astute piece by Writer Joe Vince).

I'm not sure that I'm against this, but while I was reading the book I kept stopping to wonder "Where have I seen that face?" Personally, I don't like to be repeatedly taken out of my comic book reading by the comic book I happen to be reading.

No comments: