Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Will Darkseid Bring the Justice League Together in the DCnU?

That looks a lot like a Parademon!

On this week’s podcast, Max and I discussed the six-page preview of Justice League #1 in DC’s The New 52 preview book (above). We are taken back five years, to a point where super heroes were only just beginning to emerge and Batman was only a myth. The Caped Crusader is racing across the building rooftops of Gotham pursuing what looks to be a monster.

“Do you think this is a Parademon?” Max asked.

Well, I’ll be. I’m going to have to say yes, I believe so. This makes a lot of sense actually. When the new book was announced in early June, the publisher promised that the Justice League would come together due to a more substantial threat than its humbler 1960 beginnings (remember those meteors and the team being turned into trees?).

Well, what could be a more substantial threat than Darkseid? I like the idea of the Apokalips baddie trying to take over Earth and the world’s finest heroes joining together to protect the blue planet. This also establishes a new longstanding adversarial history between Darkseid and the League.

Thoughts?

By the way, if the Royal Flush Gang turns out to be the League’s first threat, I’ll be acknowledging that there was no basis to Max's Darkseid idea.

1 comment:

Jerry Ahern said...

I believe I read that the new gods and their kin where reborn on one of the new earths that came out of Final Crisis...and that Grant Morrison will deal with them when he does his big Multiverse series... So I don't think we are seeing a parademon here.

Batman also asks what was he doing by the docks (or something)...could the recession be that bad that parademons are now working the boats?