Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

'Green Lantern' Opens Today


I’m going to see Green Lantern in an hour or so and I’m completely torn as to what I can expect. The critics are ravaging it. A few people I know have seen it and loved it. Of course I’m concerned any time a film is not screened early for critics, which is the case with Green Lantern.

None of this seems to be totally affecting me though. I am going into this movie with a completely open mind. I think all of the negative reviews has kept my perspective more open than normal. I say this because I normally will walk into a film thinking “I’m going to really enjoy myself” or “the trailers haven’t been great, but I’m going to turn off my brain and just enjoy it.” With Green Lantern I have been asking myself “I wonder what I will think of this film?” Sure my head is telling me that the lack of confidence that Warner Bros. has shown in this film is all I should need to know about its quality, my head is also telling me that they don’t know what they have on their hands.

You can hear what Jerry and I thought of the film when our Special Edition Green Lantern podcast is posted this weekend. It should be interesting.

One last note: I am hopeful that the film that inspired the following magical moment from last year’s San Diego Comic Con will have a little magic of its own.

No comments: