Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Marvel Releases New 'Captain America' Poster


I must say, Marvel has transformed their leads into exactly how I envision their comic book counterparts. In Thor, Chris Hemsworth embodied my idea of the famed Norse God of Thunder. While I was always happy with the casting of Chris Evans as Steve Rogers, because of his natural charm, I wasn't sure if he was what I had always pictured in my head for Cap (I'll post that story as we get closer to the film). Any concerns were quelled when the first pictures of the actor on the set of the Joe Johnston-helmed film appeared. Of course, posters such as this new release seem to further the argument that Evans was born to play Capatin America.

Captain America: The First Avenger flies into theaters on July 22nd.

1 comment:

Jerry Ahern said...

Good thing they had bronzer during WWII, it would be embarrassing to have Cap be all pasty white when fighting those mean ol Hydra Bad guys...