Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cornell Gets a Little Action on 'Batman and Robin'


I’ve loved Paul Cornell on Action Comics, I liked (not loved) his first issue of Knight and Squire, so I am pretty excited to see what he can do with a brief stint on Batman and Robin. Due to scheduling conflicts as a result of a hectic Brightest Day schedule, Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason’s run on the book has been pushed back to issue #20.

Cornell will pen issues #17 through #19 as current Batman and Robin helmer moves from this book to Batman: Incorporated. Cornell said the following on his blog:

“…I'm regarding it as a major gig, and giving it my all, with my attempt at a new Batman villain.” He went on to write, “I'm particularly pleased that the artist on the arc will be Scott McDaniel, whose work I enjoyed on Green Arrow and lately on Detective Comics. From what I've seen so far, he's knocked it out of the park again, adding some vicious details to what's already a dark and mad story.”

If Cornell has proven anything with his Lex Luthor storyline on Action Comics, it’s that he knows how to write villains. By the way, Lex and Joker go toe-to-toe in January’s Action #897.

No comments: