Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Green Hornet Poster



This hornet needs some buzz.  I'll give them this though: that is a sweet looking poster.

Seth Rogan stars as Britt Reid, heir to his late father's newpaper fortune and the masked avenger the Green Hornet.  The twist on this hero's story is that the Green Hornet works in the guise of a villain to infiltrate the criminal underground.  Aided by a master of martial arts (who subs as his butler/driver) Kato, the two fight crime from the inside.  I'm not going to use this space to take swipes at The Green Hornet trailer as there is enough of that going on elsewhere.  As a kid I loved the epsiode of Batman when the dynamic duo fought with then alongside, Green Hornet and Kato (Van Williams and Bruce Lee).  I'll cross my fingers that Rogan's take on the hero is a success.  At the very least we get to enjoy Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Baterds) as the movie's main villain.  Not too shabby.

No comments: