Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

'Deadpool' Film May Have a New Director


I have shied away from Deadpool movie news much in the way I have the Deadpool books. I think we all have those characters that, for whatever reason, just do not appeal to us. Deadpool is such a character.

The Los Angeles Times has reported that Ryan Reynolds is still on board to star as the title character but unattached Director Robert Rodriguez is no longer attached to helm the movie. Enter Adam Berg, a Swedish commercial director with no motion picture experience. I recall Marvel Studios Producer Kevin Feige commenting this summer that it has been a goal of Marvel's to make unconventional choices when selecting directors for their properties.

Perhaps the most exciting thing about this production, for me at least, is that the film is being scripted by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (Zombieland).

If you’re like me, who watched Firefly immediately after Joss Whedon was announced to helm the Avengers, you’ll want to see what Berg is capable of. Below is a commercial he directed for Philips Electronics. There is no disputing that the director has quite the eye.

No comments: