Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

New York Comic-Con: Friday's Announcements


Here’s a quick glance at today’s announcements from the New York Comic-Con:

There are going to be two Batmans according to Dan Didio. The current Dick Grayson Batman, who protects Gothan City, and the returning Bruce Wayne Batman (alive!), who is going into the Bat-business with the Grant Morrison-penned Batman: Incorporated. Earlier this week my buddy claimed that there was no other character that had a larger run of ongoings than Batman; I corrected him because I believe there are more X-Books. If I was correct, I'm sure things will change come 2011 with the addition of four new titles: Batwoman, Batman: Dark Knight, and the aforementioned Morrison book. I’m interested in seeing what Morrison has in store Bruce-Batman as the character branches out to become a franchise (at least that is my understanding).

After a spat of rotating cast and creative teams on The New Teen Titans, DC is promising a greater consistency on both fronts.

Dark Knight: Boy Wonder, the continuation of the Frank Miller/Jim Lee opus All-Star Batman and Robin, will be reintroduced to the world after what will be an almost three year absence from the comic shelves (holy patience!). Once again, I implore DC to begin using a summary page at the start of their books!

A possible announcement of a new creative team on Superman/Batman may be made this weekend. I sure hope so. Now that Bruce Wayne is back and healthier than ever, I would like to see this book be one of DC’s cornerstone books as opposed to the anthology series it has become over the past few years.

Something mysterious is coming from the X-Universe called Age of X. The retro cover with a bunch of familiar mutant silhouettes is pretty damn cool looking. This story may be akin to the Age of Apocalypse storyline (my favorite X-crossover event) where the X-Universe was completely revamped for four months back in the 90’s. More to come.

IDW is going to release Godzilla beginning in February. This title will feature guest spots from Rodan and Mothra among others. Meh. Interest-wise, this speaks to me much in the way a Transformers comic does. Which is not at all. But I may just pick this little nugget up to see what the unnamed writer can do with this property.

Sit tight for Saturday—there are bound to be some exciting revelations!

No comments: