Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Cape Town Community Podcast is Coming, Part 1


I was excited today to receive two brand new Nady MPF-6 six-inch clamp-on microphone pop filters. I know, right?
From where doth mine excitement derive? These are the first two pieces of equipment for a new podcasting venture that is coming, fingers crossed, in the next two weeks. After months of discussion, my good friend Jerry and I are going to throw our capes into the over-saturated podcasting arena to record a weekly comic book podcast.
I guess with the arrival of some equipment I thought it might be a good time to start chronicling the creation of the podcast, so expect at least two or three more posts about this exciting new venture.  We’ve met and hammered out a format for the show—do we call it a show?—and discussed a lot of the logistics. Now as we get closer to our date we’ll pin down all the finer points.
The Cape Town Community Podcast will be a weekly review show that spotlights eight new books from the previous week (though if it’s a particularly good week, we would not be averse to discussing one or two more if time permits). We’ll end the show with discussion of the week’s most recent news in the world of comic books and comic book related entertainment.
I ordered most of the equipment on January 1st, which I thought was as appropriate a date as any to get the ball rolling. Because I tend to revert to technophobia if I don’t immediately understand something that runs on electricity, I have enlisted the help of smarter people than myself to ensure I have all the doodads and whirly-whatzits necessary to record a banter-filled podcast.
I’m having a difficult time sleeping just knowing that any day an M-Audio MobilePre USB mobile preamp and audio interface is going to arrive on my doorstep. And forget about it when the 2x Apex 435 wide diaphragm studio condenser microphone-thingy get here!
Next up: Finalize an opening script (we don’t want to sound dumb), hammer out our format, and identify any more thingamabobs we might require.
Stay tuned dear readers!

No comments: