Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Cape Town Community Podcast is Coming, Part 2


I promised some chronicling and chronicling I will do.
The Cape Town Community podcast is roughly two weeks away.  We will be recording the revolutionary (dream big) podcast on the weekend of the 22nd. The final major piece of equipment arrived today (thank you Amazon Super-Saver shipping) so I only have a few more things to do.
1.       Learn how to post a podcast.
2.       Learn how to record a podcast.
3.       Adjust a microphone.
Thankfully we don’t have a list a mile long or we would be in real trouble. And thankfully we have some friends who are smarter at the technical stuff than we are and who are willing to be generous of their time.
Jerry, the co-podcaster, and I met over the weekend to work on an opening and closing script to ensure we sound like we know what we are doing at the beginning and end of the show. I jest. We believe we have something to offer to the world of comics podcasting and we hope that we find listeners who think so too.
I was listening to a podcast a few months ago and the hosts (I believe there were seven of them) delivered not one, but two skits during the course of their show. That’s right… they died twice. I immediately sent an email to Jerry and said “no skits.” Our goal is to sit down, talk about the books we liked and the books we liked less, and just ooze with the charisma that has enabled us to garner over 500 combined friends on Facebook.
Stay tuned dear readers!

No comments: