Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

DC May Have Crossed the Line!


For my money (literally), DC is coming awfully close to crossing the line they so wonderfully drew earlier this month when they fulfilled their promise to carry a $2.99 cover price for their monthly titles. This was great news.

However, I don’t know if this is a coincidence or just a sneaky business tactic, but I have purchased three books in the past two weeks that continue into other titles that I don’t normally purchase. Power Girl #20 continued in Justice League: Generation Lost #18 this week, Teen Titans #91 continues next month in Red Robin 20, and Shazam! continues in Titans #32. Shazam! was even billed as a one-shot (below)!

What’s the deal?

Hey guys, I buy a lot of your books. There’s no reason to force your readers into purchasing additional books. You could argue “Well you don’t have to buy the other book.” I suggest you pick up the last eight issues of Power Girl and tell me I don’t have to read the crossover in Generation Lost.

I love crossovers with other books, but I also like to be told beforehand that it’s going to happen. I suppose this would not be such a big deal, but I’m not overjoyed about the number of times this has happened in a relatively short period.

I prefer when my favorite characters make a guest appearance in a book I’m not reading. Then I can either decide to pick it up or wait. But when DC decides to continue a story that has been going on for months on another title, I really don’t think the publisher is playing fair.

All right DC, you drew the line. Don’t make me drawn one too.

No comments: