Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Vaughn Dismisses 'First Class' Cast Photo and Two New Pics Hit the Web


Now I don't feel so bad for being underwhelmed by the first picture of the cast of the X-Men: First Class film. It just looked a bit on the amaturish side if I can be honest. I thought the oddest choice was the light coming from behind Emma Frost even though she has Azazel directly behind her. Then there's Beast's head which is awkwardly cast in shadow while everyone elses faces seem to basking in the glow of meticulously-placed lighting. Nevertheless, someone from Fox sent the photo to the movie sites for posting and the damn thing took on a life of its own.

First Class director Matthew Vaughn told /Film the following:
"I freaked out on them yesterday. I don't know where the hell that came from. I don't think it's a Fox image. It's not a pre-approved image. When I found out, I said, what the f*ck is this sh*t, and Fox is running around trying to figure out what happened as well. I agree. It's like a bad photoshop, which maybe it was by someone. It didn't reflect the movie. I was shocked when I saw it. I was like 'Jesus Christ'...

Two more photos from the film were released today.

This picture of Michael Fassbender reminds me of the scene from X2 where Magneto says: "That 'dorky looking helmet' is the only thing protecting me from the real bad guys." Very cool.


James McAvoy in a very Professor X-like pose.


X-Men: First Class hits theaters on June 3, 2011.

No comments: