Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Who Can Bring Power to a Power Man Movie?


We know Isaiah Mustafa smells good, but does he punch good?

That is the question. It sounds like Marvel Studios is warm to the idea of a Luke Cage film. Super Hero Hype spoke with the actor who is most identified as the shirtless guy from the Old Spice ads. Mustafa explained that he is a huge comic book fan and seriously interested in playing the former hero for hire.

“They (Marvel) have something in mind, I think, and I definitely want them to see that I'm extremely passionate about it,” said Mustafa. The story indicates that the film’s potential director, John Singleton, has expressed interest in Tyrese Gibson (Transformers and Four Brothers) for the role.

I think I’m with Singleton on this. Gibson is a charismatic actor who seems like he can play a guy who might sometimes lead more toward anti-hero than hero. There’s no doubt that Mustafa has the build to play Cage, but I see the character being bigger than life without being over the top. I think Mustafa might also need to prove himself more on the big screen before headlining a film.

Now Marvel, I don’t need a cavalcade of characters in this movie, but please include Jessica Jones and Danny Rand.

No comments: