Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

True of False? More Superman Movie Rumors Hit the Web

The last time I didn’t believe a movie rumor, it was the trailer review for Green Lantern that turned out to be real. I question my strength at immediately sniffing out B.S. Well, here we are again with something that does not sound entirely genuine.

What’s Playing has offered up some tidbits on the plot for the 2012 Superman reboot, but I believe these are claims that have been previously mentioned; specifically that Clark Kent will be an up and coming journalist who gets caught between two warring West African tribes. This is in line with early rumors that Mark Waid’s Superman: Birthright is serving as inspiration for the Zack Snyder’s reboot.

However, I can’t imagine that this would be the main story of the film. I would imagine that Warner Bros. would prefer something glossier (and easier to sell) than Superman mediating tribal battles. What I found particularly odd about the story was a throwaway line at the end which indicated Anne Hathaway is in the running for Lois Lane. Because I didn’t buy the first part of the article, I am doubtful about the Hathaway casting. That said, I think she would make an excellent Lois. Hathaway is a strong presence, has a sense of humor, and she's likable.

If Matthew Goode is really being considered for the role of Superman, then Hathaway would seem a good fit as the intrepid reporter for a major metropolitan newspaper.

No comments: