Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

'Smallville' Features Glimpse of a Doomish-Like Legion in Penultimate Episode


With their faces staying mostly in the shadows, I don’t know that we are going to see much more than a shot from above, but wowee-wow-wow!

A month or two ago I posted a piece on the various Superfriends opening credits and admitted that the first time I saw the Legion of Doom I just about wet myself. In retrospect, I was pretty young. That was just about my reaction when I saw this all-too-brief glimpse of a Legion-y assortment of mostly classic DCU villains from this week’s Smallville preview. According to the second clip below, the organization is called Marionette Ventures (which is a menacing as the Blur is heroic).

You can see Solomon Grundy at the head of the table, with Black Manta, Captain Cold, Roulette, Metallo and Dark Archer—with Toyman speaking to the villains from their table tube. It looks as though Black Manta and Grundy have put a red-hot presentation together for their frenemies. I don’t know what more we might see, but I am really hopeful we’ll see close ups of Captain Cold and Black Manta’s faces. Can I have a second wish? Have Black Manta speak with that deep and menacing voice from the original Challenge of the Superfriends series.

“Prophecy”, the penultimate episode of Smallville, airs Friday May 6th at 8 p.m. on the CW.



No comments: