Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Diane Lane on playing Superman's Mom

'Zap 2 It' got a chance to speak with Diane Lane and here is what she had to say about landing the gig...
"It's daunting, but in a very healthy way,"  "It's like a dare. I have heard and read many people say, 'Do what scares you. Don't run from it, run toward it.' I am delighted to be challenged with the opportunity."

"Zack Snyder said wonderful things in the press release, and I was like, 'Well, it's like he threw down the white glove. Now I have to bend down and pick it up.' It's wonderful, though. He's a visionary, and he'll create his own version. I find that very refreshing. People love to talk about things, and this will definitely be something to talk about."

You can read the whole interview here.

USA Today also caught up with the 47 year old Secretariat star. Here she speaks about being a mother to a good man.
Here is part of that article,

"Lane recently watched another comic book movie, Watchmen, again “to remind myself of what an audacious, brilliant man Zack Snyder is,” she says. “I love 300 and I’m very flattered to play Martha Kent and live up to his vision. It’s pretty cool.” “I’ve always wanted to raise a good man,” she quips. “I thought that was the biggest challenge a woman could have, and so I get the embarrassment of riches.”

I will be courious to see how this plays out.

It's all together possible that Lane will be seen in flashbacks with a much younger Clark Kent...or maybe not. There is a lot of talk about how young she is but in reality...she's not.

She's a great actress and I look forward to her take on Supes mommy.

No comments: