Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Snyder Considers Less Stylized Take on Superman Film


Can I say something?

I was a little afraid of Zack Snyder’s direction of the next Superman film because I am not really a fan of his overly-stylized filmmaking. I don’t think it’s a good fit for a Superman film—unless they set it in the late ‘30s and went for something akin to the look of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Comic Book Movie posted an interview with Zack Snyder today in which the director admits to leaning towards a less stylized vision for the Man of Steel. I’m fine with the look of Watchmen, but I was never really crazy about 300 and have also not enjoyed the frenetic trailers for Sucker Punch.

Snyder said, “Because Superman takes place in a more realistic world, I think it will be a slight departure for me just visually because I think you're going to go to a more real world.” This seems the right way to go. I think a less chaotic style will also appeal to a wider audience in the end.

I guess this means no Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Superman is scheduled for release during the Christmas season 2012.

1 comment:

Luvcroft said...

A stylized 1930's style Superman movie would be AMAZING!