Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Howell Confirms Main Baddie for 'Amazing Spider-Man'


While speaking to the Retroradio Podcast, C. Thomas Howell may have admitted a bit too much about some significant plot points. The actor prefaced the following statement by saying that Sony doesn’t want anyone talking too much about the film.

Methinks he may have talked too much.

Spoiler Alert:


“I play a relatively small role. I play a construction worker who’s son is caught in the middle of a battle between the Lizard and Spider-Man on the Manhattan bridge. Spider-Man helps me get my son back from this perilous situation. There is some payback there at the end of the movie. Spider-man is kind of hurting. I help him when all of the other people won’t. Part of the story is, the nation thinks he might be a bad guy. They don’t know what to think. Because of my experience on the bridge with my kid, I know he is a good guy. I pitch in and help out at the end. That is the best way.”

So what did he really give away?
  • Rhys Ifans is indeed going to play the Lizard.
  • A major action sequence will be set atop the Manhattan Bridge. Had he said the George Washington Bridge Spider-fans, I think the news would have been more gasp-worthy.
  • Over the course of the film, the public believes Spider-Man to be a menace (are we sure J. Jonah isn’t in this thing?).
The Amazing Spider-Man swings into theaters on July 3, 2012.

No comments: