Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

C2E2: Greg Rucka and Marco Checchetto provide Punishment

Marvel has announced that the new creative team behind the new Punisher series will be fan favorite Greg Rucka and artist Marco Checchetto

While Fear Itself will be just warming up when The Punisher rolls back into the Marvel Universe, the writer told Comic Book Resources that he won't be forcing Frank Castle into the event. "I've talked to Matt Fraction a bit and I've read one of the 'Fear Itself' scripts, but I've utterly failed to find a way that was satisfying for me to thread it in,"said Rucka.

Rucka also had this to say about the character:

"There are certain characters to me that need to stay the same. In fact part of their character arc is their inability to change and their unwillingness to grow. If you change the Punisher you break him," said Rucka. "He knows he's going to die eventually, but he's got a lot to do before he gets there. His goals are very clear and straightforward and there is something genuinely wonderful about a character who is that pure."

Very cool...

Add this to my pile please.

No comments: